Monday 10 October 2011

Opposites Attract Structure

I designed this Opposites Attract Structure during my first semester of the Higher National Diploma course Year 1. This structural design was created to be ideally placed in the entrance foyer of a newly set up dating agency. 
I was determined to design something which incorporated many separate objects as one. I wanted to design something modern which reflected my initial inspiring title of ‘Least and Most’. I represented the idea of ‘least and most’ with use of different height for each piece, and different coloured woods which include Mahagony, Beech and Ash. Therefore I including two contrasting woods in each piece, but fixed them differently, for instance dark-light-dark and light-dark-light; thus I inverted them. I thought that this should enhance their contrasting factors about them. An important reason I kept in mind when designing it, was ‘less is more’, which is why I kept to the simplicity of design.


No comments:

Post a Comment